Different reasons drive our buying patterns. When it comes to guitars, the buying decision could be based on the size, the looks, the feel and the sound. It could be that a specific guitar reminds us or was owned by someone important to us. Sometimes we buy guitars just to own them and not to play.
If buying an American Made Guitar is a reason that is important to you, the list below could help. It is not a complete list and it is subject to change as businesses evolve or go out of business.
- Carvin Guitars (San Diego, CA)
- Collings Guitars (Austin, TX)
- Fender Musical Instruments (Corona, CA with lower end guitars manufactured in Ensenada, Mexico)
- G&L Guitars (Fullerton, CA)
- Gadow Guitars (Durham, NC)
- Gibson (Nashville, TN): electric guitars made in Nashville and Memphis, TN; acoustic guitars made in Bozeman, MT. (“Songmaker” series are made in Canada.)
- Heritage Guitar Inc. (Kalamazoo, MI): beautiful guitars made by many of the craftsmen that made Gibson guitars.
- C.F. Martin & Co. (Nazareth, PA)
- Rickenbacker Guitars (Santa Ana, CA)
- Rose Instruments (Neenah, WI)
- Taylor Guitars (El Cajon, CA (Note: in addition to the main factory in El Cajon, some Taylor guitars are now made in Mexico at the company’s facility in Tecate, Mexico)
- Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments (Logan, MT)
- Kurt Wilson Guitars: electric guitars handcrafted in Illinois from beautiful hardwoods.
- Jon Kammerer Guitars (Keokuk, IA)
When you contact them, be sure to let them know that you are interested in American Made Guitars.